About Pastoral & Ministry Counseling
In addition to counseling individuals, couples and families, we also provide special counseling for pastors and ministry staff. Ministry is a rewarding and fulfilling calling, but it can be incredibly stressful as well. Members of a church ministry often carry the weight of the world on their shoulders and therefore should be mindful of their own well-being. We provide spiritual support and treatment designed specifically for the needs of pastors and other ministry staff.
It is our belief that by strengthening the emotional and mental health of pastors and ministry leaders, we will in turn strengthen and multiply the work of the kingdom.
- Only a quarter of churches (27 percent) have a plan to assist families affected by mental illness according to pastors. And only 21 percent of family members are aware of a plan in their church.
- Few churches (14 percent) have a counselor skilled in mental illness on staff, or train leaders how to recognize mental illness (13 percent) according to pastors.
- Two-thirds of pastors (68 percent) say their church maintains a list of local mental health resources for church members. But few families (28 percent) are aware those resources exist.
- Family members (65 percent) and those with mental illness (59 percent) want their church to talk openly about mental illness, so the topic will not be a taboo. But 66 percent of pastors speak to their church once a year or less on the subject.
- One in four pastors & congregants suffer from mental illness*